John Layt wrote:
On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 20:33, David G Stevenson wrote:

John Layt wrote:

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 10:33, BJ Tracy wrote:

Hello All,

PHP is a programming language that can generate HTML pages on the fly.

Don't forget Perl/CGI! Also very easy to learn with the abundance of modules around. One of the biggest sites on the web is driven by Perl (IMDb.com). :-)

True, but that's still more web-coding than I feel inclined to do :-) My point which I guess I didn't make very clear was that these apps often require no coding on the users/webmasters part, just a browser-based point-and-click interface.

There are pre-packaged web-applications that use Perl/CGI or Python, but PHP is by far the most popular.

John.

Slighty OT:

Yes, your original poster simply wanted GUI editor. I just wanted to suggest an alternative to PHP which people tend to forget in favour of the current 'popular' choice. I do feel that while languages come and go and others evolve, Perl just seems to carry on being a darn good work horse especially when there is lots of data to crunch in the background.

Then again, I am just an old timer that grew up on Perl and Oracle :-)

--
Thanks,

David