BJ Tracy wrote:

On Wed, 2005-02-16 at 06:34, John Layt wrote:

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 21:31, David G Stevenson wrote:

Slighty OT:

Yes, your original poster simply wanted GUI editor. I just wanted to
suggest an alternative to PHP which people tend to forget in favour of
the current 'popular' choice. I do feel that while languages come and go
and others evolve, Perl just seems to carry on being a darn good work
horse especially when there is lots of data to crunch in the background.

Then again, I am just an old timer that grew up on Perl and Oracle :-)

All so true, as a programmer on the Big Iron, I know that a good old COBOL job can do in 1 minute what some of these new-fangled 4GL environments take 10 minutes to achieve :-) The 4GL takes 1 tenth of the time to write however.

Of course, the ASM guys in the next pod over would normally chime in about this point in any conversation to remind us that they can run it in about 10 seconds...

John.

SNIP

Thanks to all of you.  What I'm trying to come up with is a multi page
web site with pics (real estate) and a way people can contact me.

Thanks again,
bj

Did you install OOo with MDK10... It has a reasonable WYSIWYG html editor - no need to worry about syntax.

--
Newbie Seeking USER_FUNCTIONALITY always!

Regards

SnapafunFrank

Big or small, a challenge requires the same commitment to resolve.
Registered Linux User # 324213