Not sure if this really belongs on this list, but here goes.

I have downloaded the mandrake  2.6.8.1-24mdkcustom source, and tried to build
a kernel - just for fun (am I too warped?) so made no changes to the config
that I would expect to cause problems.
The source does not link.  I get an error in arch/i386/kernel/built-in.o of two
undefined references, thermal_interupt and machine_real_restart.

I don't expect anyone on this list to fix the problem, but am wondering if
anyone has successfully built this kernel, or can suggest a reason mine doesn't
link.

thanks,

Hugh