Bryan Phinney wrote:
On Monday 21 February 2005 00:06, Rosemary McGillicuddy wrote:

This mouse doesn't have PS2 support.  I might have to change it for one
that does I think.  Thanks

Until you buy a USB to PS2 adapter, that is.

If you are talking about the small chunk of plastic with a USB socket on one end, and a PS/2 plug on the other, all they do is re-map the data and power connections between the USB socket, and PC/2 plug. They require a mouse that can output the proper PS/2 protocal when plugged into a PS/2 port. Unless the mouse is rated for both, it is not going to work with this type of adapter. The mice that will work with it usualy come with one in the package. I have not seen a true USB to PS/2 adapter, that will convert USB protocal to PS/2 protocal. I wouldn't mind finding one, as I have an old laptop that doesn't have a USB port, and it would be interesting to see what USB devices would work with it.
(Not the laptop I am running Linux on...)

Mikkel

for you are crunchy and taste good with Ketchup!