Amy wrote:
Hey guys!

I have a little 128 mb jumpdrive, it used to automount it's happy
little ass when I plugged it in, but that was when I still was running
the cooker install. (A Newbie running cooker? *gasp* Blame my friend,
I eventually got frustrated even though he "never had any problems"
and downgraded to 10.1, we'll leave it at that.) I just plugged my
little purple guy into the front usb ports on my happy little
computer, and the drive didn't mount it's happy little self for me
like I was used to.

Now, since I've started using Mandrake (and linux in general) I've
never had to manually mount something, and I haven't the first
frellin' clue how to do this. I tried to be a good girl, and looked at
the man pages, but I can't make heads or tails enough to know what to
type in the console to make my happy little jumpdrive mount, and let
me get the pictures I copied off my mom's iLamp onto my own little
computer.

So I guess the long and short of it, I want to know what I should do
to get my jumpdrive to mount, and long term, if anyone can shine a
little light onto why the automount used to work, but doesn't know,
I'd greatly appreciate it! I have a suspicion about something, but I
can't remember what the file is that I need to open to see if my
suspicion is correct. I'll corner my friend about it tomorrow, and see
if he has any ideas, but meanwhile, if any of you can help, that would
be great!

Amy

Hi Amy,
This is far from a technical answer but it may help. When I had problems with my CD drives (they refused to unmount and so would not mount any new disks that were inserted) I edited fstab as root and deleted the lines that related to the mount points concerned.

On reboot I ran MCC as root and added the drives again - not sure if this step is required for a USB drive though.

Are there any entries lingering in fstab that relate to your jumpdrive?

-Aidan.