On Mon, 22 Nov 1999, you wrote:

I simply CANNOT believe when reading stuff like this that Opera has become the
darling browser and hope of the future among so many Linux users. Everything
Steve comments on is true. There is NOTHING about Opera that contributes to the
strengths of Linux. Help out at mozilla.org if you ever want a browser that
even sort of jives with Linux and the OS community. Otherwise, buy Opera, which
from the sounds of their development techniques (firing teams of folks,
rehiring more a week later and claiming they can release this browser within 2
months...please!) it's gonna be as buggy as any Micro$soft app and probably
more so. Why not just get VMWare, run IE and join the dark side without waiting
for Opera's sluggish development cycle to finish?

story was copied from: http://www.opera.com/interviews/linux.html > >