On Thursday 24 February 2005 18:19, Christopher Taylor wrote:
> I'm new to Linux and I just got a 1.8GHz pc with no OS so I downloaded
> the 3 iso's and installed 10.1.  I see that Apache is running.  Is
> there a resource available that would tell me how to install php and
> mySQL?  I would really like to debug my websites locally.  Any help is
> greatly appreciated.
>
> Christopher Taylor

Menu>System>Configure>ConfigureYourComputer?Software>Install

type php in the search box and select the apache2-mod-php package, type mysql
in the search box and select the MySQL and MySQL-client packages. Install
them, then restart apache  from
MandrakeControlCentre>System>Services
restart the httpd service.

Thats it done!
To administer MySql the phpMyAdmin package is very useful.

derek
--
www.jennings.homelinux.net
http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org