I can burn using cdrecord just fine, but i need to be root for k3b
to burn.

Here are the perms:

-rws--x---  1 root users 566664 Jun 15  2004 /usr/bin/cdrdao
-rws--x---  1 root users 326796 Aug 18  2004 /usr/bin/cdrecord

I ran the k3b setup, and set the group to users, but am not sure if
that's correct (and it didn't work).

I googled, and just found things saying to set the "use burning
group" option.  I don't have a burning group, though, unless users
is the burning group.

Thanks for any leads.  I assume this is a simple settings issue, but
i haven't been able to figure it out.

eric

--
Mandrake HowTo's & More:          http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org