On Saturday 26 February 2005 21:44, hackhound wrote:
> Okay, I have postfix installed and configured (I think correctly).  I
> can send email between local users, and out to the world, but I cannot
> receive any messages.  I have ports 25 and 110 open on my firewall
> (router).  I am stumped about what I am missing.
>
> Thanks,
> Hackhound

I assume your domain name resolves?
If you let us know what it is we can try connecting to your postfix server.

The log files in /etc/log/mail can be very informative.

And are you sure your ISP does not block port 25?

BTW You only need port 110 open if you want to read your mail via POP3 while
travelling. If you do not need that, then close the port.

derek
--
www.jennings.homelinux.net
http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org