Hello listers,

Thanks to all who replied to my post.  I'm sorry - I was  pretty  unreasonable
on reflection.  I have been frustrated at one or two things, and also on
night duty, which does nothing for my tolerance!  I do aplogise for sounding
off.

Just for interest I had no problems going from win 98 to winXP but mainly
because I also went from a ten year old computer with 200mhz processor and 64
mb RAM, to 2Gig and  256!  But I certainly found computing a weird world when
I first started.

The reality is, I have only booted to windows once in the last week and that
was to print a letter head with a scanned logo for some work I do.  I am
learning my way around the various programmes I use, and it isn't actually
going to hurt me to use Kmail rather than thunderbird.  However I do want to
get the webpage printing sorted because need the Rute tutorial in hard copy
to refer to.  I'll look at the printing suggestion you made Anne.

I think the main problem is that I want to run, before I can walk properly, in
linux!  A bit of patience is in order ...

A big bonus is that I don't ever lose my internet conection in linux.  I don't
know whether that is the hardware modem or the OS, but it's a big improvement
on before.

Anyway  thanks all.  I'm not giving up.

Rosemary