Nigel Wilkinson wrote:
--On Monday, February 28, 2005 16:30:51 -0600 John Michael Schneiderman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I have created a gpg key, but sometimes when I see one of my E-mails in a
post, it says that my signature wasn't valid. I have posted my keys
on-line. --

I've also noticed this. gpg says that the email in my sent box has a valid signature but the copy I get via the mailing list has an invalid sig whereas if I just mail myself its OK. I've wondered if this has something to do with the address displayed in the "From/To" column in the email client. If I mail myself this column has my email address and the sig is good whereas if I get one of my posts via the mailing list the "From/To" column has "newbie@linux-mandrake.com" and a bad sig. This could be a red herring but is the only pattern I see. Where does gpg get the email address to look up the sig for from?

Cheers
Nigel

I think it has more to do with the massage passing through the mailing list. It changes a couple of things, like the replyto address. It may also change something in the body of the message. Any changes to the body of the message make the signiture invalid.

Mikkel

for you are crunchy and taste good with Ketchup!