--On Tuesday, March 01, 2005 22:53:34 +0000 Nigel Wilkinson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

--On Monday, February 28, 2005 16:30:51 -0600 John Michael Schneiderman
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I have created a gpg key, but sometimes when I see one of my E-mails in a
post, it says that my signature wasn't valid. I have posted my keys
on-line. --

I've also noticed this. gpg says that the email in my sent box has a valid signature but the copy I get via the mailing list has an invalid sig whereas if I just mail myself its OK. I've wondered if this has something to do with the address displayed in the "From/To" column in the email client. If I mail myself this column has my email address and the sig is good whereas if I get one of my posts via the mailing list the "From/To" column has "newbie@linux-mandrake.com" and a bad sig. This could be a red herring but is the only pattern I see. Where does gpg get the email address to look up the sig for from?

Damn, just posted a message to expert and it said the sig was good. That blows that theory or is it something to do with newbie?

Cheers
Nigel