On Thursday 03 March 2005 20:04, hackhound wrote:
> I am slowing making the transition from W2K to Linux.  Two of the
> applications that I miss the most are MS Money and Macromedia
> Dreamweaver.  I am looking for a good Linux alternative.  Any
> suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> JB

Both MS Money and Dreamweaver will work under Linux if you purchase Crossover
Office (www.codeweavers.com)

Crossover is a commercial version of Wine.
You could use the standard free version of Wine, but it can be a lot harder
getting apps to work. The guys at Codeweavers have done a great job at making
Windows apps easy to install and run. (and they are the single largest
contributor to the Wine project www.winehq.org )

As for Native Linux applications instead of MSMoney you can try
Gnucash (on your CDs) www.gnucash.org, or Moneydance
moneydance.com (non free), but personally I do not think they are as good as
the Quicken I use under Crossover.

As for a Dreamweaver alternative, I have never used it and do not know its
capabilities. I make my web pages with Quanta (its on your CDs). Open Office
also does a decent job of generating HTML.

HTH

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net