On Thursday 03 March 2005 23:50, Derek Jennings wrote:
> On Thursday 03 March 2005 20:04, hackhound wrote:
> > I am slowing making the transition from W2K to Linux.  Two of the
> > applications that I miss the most are MS Money and Macromedia
> > Dreamweaver.  I am looking for a good Linux alternative.  Any
> > suggestions would be appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > JB
>
> Both MS Money and Dreamweaver will work under Linux if you purchase
> Crossover Office (www.codeweavers.com)
>
> Crossover is a commercial version of Wine.
> You could use the standard free version of Wine, but it can be a lot harder
> getting apps to work. The guys at Codeweavers have done a great job at
> making Windows apps easy to install and run. (and they are the single
> largest contributor to the Wine project www.winehq.org )
>
> As for Native Linux applications instead of MSMoney you can try
> Gnucash (on your CDs) www.gnucash.org, or Moneydance
> moneydance.com (non free), but personally I do not think they are as good
> as the Quicken I use under Crossover.
>
> As for a Dreamweaver alternative, I have never used it and do not know its
> capabilities. I make my web pages with Quanta (its on your CDs). Open
> Office also does a decent job of generating HTML.
>
> HTH
>
> derek
Correction to my previous post. MS Money is not officially supported by
Codeweavers, although posts on their support site mention people running it
on the latest release.
DreamweaverMX works quite well, but Dreamweaver MX2004 does not yet work.

derek
--
www.jennings.homelinux.net
http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org