Rob Blomquist wrote:

You don't Linux does not use workgroups. I assume that you are running Samba somehow, as Samba uses workgroup names to meet Windows networking conventions.

The default samba workgroup is 'mdkgroup',that's what I wanna change.

The Windows machines on a network need to have a workgroup, Linux machines don't have to have a workgroup, but may to fool Windows.

Do you mean that it doesn't matter? I can connect to windows machines on a different workgroup (MSHOME) but does it mean no matter what the linux workgroup is I can *always* connect to the MSHOME workgroup? It seems to be the case but...

Thanks.
Michel