----- Original Message -----
From: "Duncan Anderson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <newbie@linux-mandrake.com>
Sent: Monday, March 07, 2005 6:56 AM
Subject: Re: [newbie] Microsoft overrules EU Council

> Stephen Kühn wrote:
>
> >On Mon, 2005-03-07 at 23:13, Kaj Haulrich wrote:
> >

> >>Here's to democracy, EU-style :
> >>
> >>http://wiki.ffii.org/Cons050307En
> >>
> >>In short : The Microsoft puppet-state Luxembourg denied council
> >>members from Poland, Portugal and Denmark their request to change
> >>the Directive on Software Patent from an A-item to a B-item.
> >>
> >>So friends, that was it :  forget about software development in
> >>Europe.
> >>
> >>Kaj Haulrich.
> >>

> >That is completely ridiculous.
> >Hell is going to break loose and there are going to be heaps of very mad
> >folks.
> >
> >I don't think they'll get away with it.
> >

> Huh, this is the kind of dictatorial fascism that Europe is so good at.
> They have proved it over and over again in the past, so why should this
> be any different? Greed rather than justice, for ever!
>
> Bunch of Nazis!

Pardon me? Are you blamming Europe? Haha, wasn't U.$. who allowed Microsoft
to become such a huge beast? Isn't the U.$. responsable for the "savage
capitalism"? Didn't the U.S. destroyed all communism efforts in the world
(and I'm not talking about the USSR-like governments and no, I'm no
communist)? I think it is only that Europe is being infected with U.$.
"savage capitalism", that's all. If we pretend to "free" Europe, we should
be working first on "Free" the U.$. That's why it is very interesting
finding non-profit people like GNU community ACTUALLY in the U.$.

By the way, sooner or later, the entire Latin american market will be flood
with Microsoft's policies if we don't act quickly. While L.A. countries are
developing their economies, there is a huge oportunity for Unix to become
The O.S. in these markets (because Unix can reduce costs for the enterprises
and governments). This is our opportunity to "vaccinate" L.A. from U.$.
"savage capitalism", and I really hope we all can do something (i.e.
Mandrake in Brazil). I'm doing my part here in Mexico, by selling cheapest
computers with Linux installed, offering cheapest Web Hosting in Linux
servers and by writting cheap commercial programs and systems for Unix and
POSIX O.S. =).

Regards,
Fernando Gomez.

P.S. Save U.S.!