Fernando Arturo Gómez Flores wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Miark" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <newbie@linux-mandrake.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2005 7:37 AM
Subject: Re: [newbie] Microsoft overrules EU Council

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 11:03:58 -0800, Fernando wrote:

Pardon me? Are you blamming Europe? Haha, wasn't U.$. who
allowed Microsoft to become such a huge beast?

The US made M$ a beast in the US. Europeans are responsible for
what happens in Europe.

Haha, yep, that's why many European governments were trying to stop Microsoft's efforts of conquering Europe by increasing taxes... do you know what U.$. did as a counter-offensive? Well, they defended their beloved son by raising the taxes for European steel... that's playing fair, haha! Now, I totally agree that Europe wasn't able to stop the awake gigant, despite many governments effors (i.e. as far as I know, both the German and Spanish governments were only running Unix as their systems; a german and a spanish guy might confirm this). But it seems to me rather excessive blaming Europe when not even the U.$. was able to stop their problem in their own country. Of course, more excessive is to call them Nazis... when the nazism reborn is in the U.$. (shall I remind you the immigrant-hunters in Arizona?)

(News flash: The US is not responsible
for every thing that happens in every corner of the world.)

I know, I know... of course that U.$. is not responsible for everything... usually, U.$. stays away from activities where their greed cannot be satisfied. But if an activity means profit to them, they won't care if people dies, if the environment is destroyed, if they leave entire nations in the poverty, if they divide nations, etc. As proves: 1. U.$. is in permanent war for the oil, i.e. in Afganistan and Irak twice, and now they are threating Venezuela and Iran.

I would consider this an overstatement. I do not deny that the US has become a monster of capitalists and greed-driven polititions and organizations (As, sadly enough, have most governments), but as a whole I don't think that things get quite as far-fetched as all this. I'm not condoning all of America's actions, government wise, American though I be, but I really don't agree with the apparently general European mindset that Bush and the gang are out to conquer the world and control everything within the reach of the US on the slightest pretenses. My sister is in France and, though she's no Bush-lover, she can all the same see how alot of those around her tend to blindly assume that the current US government can do no right, and that Iraq was all a scheme for Bush's glory, or oil, or just a bloody-thirsty move of a powerful nation, or whatever, without really ever considering that maybe the US government... as a whole, not just Bush... really thought that Iraq and Afganistan were threats to our security as a nation and should be subdued.

Anyway, this is more suitable for the OT list, so I'll leave it be at that.

Back to the original title, "Microsoft overrules EU Council", is there really any evidence that Microsoft had anything resembling a direct influence in the matter? Or was it just the assumtion of an M$-dispising soule that anything resembling buisness + money + evil must be of M$.

Anywho. That's my three cents.
       SigmaX

--
Registered Linux Freak #: 366,862
http://counter.li.org

"If you think of MS-DOS as mono, and Windows as stereo, then Linux is Dolby
Pro-Logic Surround Sound with Bass Boost and all the music is free."