From: "Greg Meyer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <newbie@linux-mandrake.com>
Sent: Monday, March 07, 2005 10:24 PM
Subject: Re: [newbie] CD sound

On Sunday 06 March 2005 07:24 pm, Derek Jennings wrote:
Windows does not need the analogue cable since it reads audio CDs using the
IDE interface. So to save money many computer manufacturers omit the audio
cable.

The advice Kaj gave is good install xmms-cdread and configure xmms to read
audio CDs through IDE
See my page here

amarok can read audio cd through ide too

Thanks for the info. I suppose I have to grab the package because I do not see it in my "Multimedia" items. I am assuming it is a GUI application, not a command line which would be rather odd.

Teilhard