Anne Wilson wrote:

On Wednesday 09 Mar 2005 08:06, H.J.Bathoorn wrote:

On Wednesday 09 March 2005 05:40, Fajar Priyanto wrote:

Hi all,
I tried to make an article using Scribus. First I typed the article in
text editor, then copy paste it in scribus. The article is kind of longer
than 1 page, so the rest of the article isn't visible. The second page is
blank.

Can I make scribus to automatically put the rest of the article in the
second page?
Thanks.

No, you can't. You can resize the frame to fit your single page...which' ll
make your fonts smaller (or flatter) or split the text over 2 frames.

That's a serious problem, IMO. There is a real need for the ability to link frames and enable flow between them. Perhaps subscribing to the Scribus mailing list would be in order - there may be others working around this and requesting improvements.

Scribus is so promising, and I understand that it is a rapidly developing project, so maybe this is on the way.

Anne

Back again.

Everything seemed to burn OK and I can see the whole file structure when I mount the dvd disc.

However, I am unable to open any files. They are listed OK, but as user or root I cannot open them. I get the error message re:

An error occurred while loading file:/mnt/dvd-rw/Bash/HOWTO/Advanced Bash-Scripting HOWTO.html:
Could not read file /mnt/dvd-rw/Bash/HOWTO/Advanced Bash-Scripting HOWTO.html

It was the "Could not read......." bit that had me open konqueror from konsole as root, but the same result.

Any ideas anyone ?

--
Newbie Seeking USER_FUNCTIONALITY always!

Regards

SnapafunFrank

Big or small, a challenge requires the same commitment to resolve.
Registered Linux User # 324213