On Thursday 10 Mar 2005 21:31, Fajar Priyanto wrote:
> On Wednesday 09 March 2005 06:02 pm, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > Scribus is so promising, and I understand that it is a rapidly developing
> > project, so maybe this is on the way.
>
> Thanks everyone for the response. I managed to link the frame. But I'm
> having trouble in making a template so that I don't have to copy paste the
> image that I'm using as header. I subscribed to the scribus list just now.
> But in the mean time I use Openoffice to produce the pdf.

It's not intuitive, is it?  I think that I found it helps to save as a
document first, then save as a template - don't know why, but it seemed to
work better that way.  Apart from that, I got this from Larry Sword on the
Expert list:

New From Template - 0.0.7

Downloading Templates
Document templates can be found at http://www.scribus.net/ in the
Downloads section.

Installing Templates
Extract the package to the template directory ~/.scribus/templates for
the current user or PREFIX/share/scribus/templates for all users in the
system.

Preparing a template
Make sure images and fonts you use can be used freely. If fonts cannot
be shared do not collect them when saving as a template.The template
creator should also make sure that the Installing Templates section
above applies to their templates as well. This means a user should be
able to download a template package and be able to extract them to the
template directory and start using them.

Removing a template
Removing a template from the New From Template dialog will only remove
the entry from the template.xml, it will not delete the document files.
A popup menu with remove is only shown if you have write access to the
template.xml file.

Translating template.xml
Copy an existing template.xml to a file called template.lang_COUNTRY.xml
(use the same lang code that is present in the qm file for your
language), for example template.fi.xml for Finnish language
template.xml. The copy must be located in the same directory as the
original template.xml so Scribus can load it.

I have the Document set:  /home/lsword/.scribus

/Test
/images
/scripts
/templates

I place all templates in the /usr/lib/scribus/templates. You will notice
that placing them in the this folder and your personal folder will cause
them to be dispalyed twice when opening the "new from template" choice.

Larry

It's worth picking up those templates.

Anne
Have you visited http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org yet?  Mandrake at all levels