Fajar Priyanto wrote:
On Thursday 10 March 2005 11:43 pm, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:

Note: If you used "image=/dev/hda10" instead of "other=/dev/hda10", then
  you might get the 'no root partition found' error. I am not sure what
the first error would be, but lilo stops at the first error it finds.

Yes, that's the one. I used the "other=/dev/hda10". Like this:
other=/dev/hda10
        label="Suse92"
        table=/dev/hda

The error was "no root partition found". Yes.

I think I know what is going on now. What does your Suse /etc/lilo.conf look like? If you boot into Suse, and run "lilo -v", does it run without errors? I think your error may have been because the Suse version of lilo was not passing the root partition information, or was passing the wrong information.

Mikkel

for you are crunchy and taste good with Ketchup!