Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
Mr. Geek wrote:

Hey Gang. I'm curious to know how I can go about detecting my digital camera (See Subject above) which is connected to one of my USB 2.0 ports. Mandrake sees the USB ports but not the camera.

Digikam and GPhoto seem to be able to work with this camera (It's listed in their respective camera lists, but since it's not being seen on the USB port, nothing is able to connect to the camera.

If it helps, Hotplug is installed and running, and my USB mouse has been running for months without a hitch.

What's the best way to mount a USB device, in which standard folder, and other than the standard USB Kernel modules, is there anything else needed?

FYI, I'm running Mandrake 10.1, kernel 2.6.8.1-12mdk.

Are you sure it is not being seen? I have not looked up the camera, but most newer cameras show up as a storage device. Hotplug may have already mounted it as /mnt/camera or /mnt/removable.

What does the output of lsusb show?

Mikkel

Mikkel; Thanks for getting back to me. Here's the output from lsusb;

Bus 004 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 045e:0040 Logitech Corp. Optical Mouse
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

I tried the mouse on some of the other USB ports and it came back without a hitch on those ports as well.

Would I have to activate anything on the camera to enable USB connections? That's about the only other thing that would make any sense, unless the USB cable is bad, but the camera is only a few months old, and was working on some Windows PC's without any problems, even with this USB cable.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

--
Mr. Geek
Registered Linux User #190712