On Friday 11 Mar 2005 15:59, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:

> I guess it is possible that you have to turn the camera on, but I do not
> think so. (Unless you had to do that for it to be detected in Windows.)

Mine is not detected until I switch it on - and it must be in Play mode.

> I would double check the cable connections, and if you can, try a
> different cable. Even if Linux didn't identify the camera properly, it
> should still show up in the output of lsusb. Here is the output on my
> system with two unsupported cameras.
>
> Bus 002 Device 003: ID 05cb:1483 PowerVision Technologies, Inc. Trust
> CombiScan 19200
> Bus 002 Device 002: ID 1046:9967 Winbond Electronics Corp. [hex]
> W9967CF/W9968CF WebCam IC
> Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
> Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

Again, my camera was not supported until 2.4.21, and I can confirm that it was
still detected in that way.  Have you got a recent kernel on the relevant
box, Mr. Geek?

Anne
Have you visited http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org yet?  Mandrake at all levels