On Wed, 2005-03-16 at 20:14, Rosemary McGillicuddy wrote:
> I've installed k3b and would like to have a desktop shortcut as it is not
> listed in my menus (that I have found yet).  I can start it okay from command
> line, but thought there has to be another way.
>
> I found instructions to right click on desktop and enter path in "link to
> application".  The problem is that I do not know what the path is.  k3b is
> in /usr/bin so I simply tried entering that which was no good.  The example
> in the insrtuctions doesn't bear any resemblance to me, to my want/need.
>
> Thanks
> Rosemary

If you installed via the urpmi sources, then you SHOULD be able to find
it under SYSTEM => ARCHIVING => CD BURNING => K3B .....and you can
literally drag/drop it onto the desktop....

IF, perchance, it is NOT in your menus, open a term as root, and run:

update-menus

You MAY have to logout and back in again...

HTH

--
stephen kuhn
mobile: 0410-728-389