Il mer, 2005-03-16 alle 22:32, James Henry Maiewski ha scritto:
> Hello,
>
>       I recently discovered that there was a solution to the fact the alt
> key to the right of the space bar wouldn't work (thanks to the bug
> hunters working with Mandrake).  Well, make that half solution....
>
>       If one goes to Start (sorry, I don't know what else to call the Icon
> on the left of the panel) > System > Configuration > KDE >
> Accessibility > Keyboard Layout, selects the Xkb Options tab, then
> scrolls down to Alt/Win key behavior, and chooses "Alt and Meta on
> the Alt keys (default), the problem disappears... until one reboots
> (downer).  Alternatively, one can enter the following on the command
> line:
>
> setxkbmap -option altwin:meta_alt
>
> with similar results.  I tried to put this command in /etc/rc.local,
> but nothing happens.  Many thanks to someone who can tell me where to
> put this command (sunlit choices only need apply) so that it will
> automatically be executed upon kde startup, hopefully without needing
> to recompile anything, but anything that is required.

Of course , you can put that command line :

setxkbmap -option altwin:meta_alt

in the startkde script /usr/bin/startkde

exactly 1 line before this other line (line nr.219) :

echo 'startkde: Starting up...'  1>&2

This way command line will be executed for all users of your linuxbox
when starting up  Kde .

If you want that command only affect one of the users make a executable
shell script ( i.e. called "right_Alt_key" ) and put this script in
~/.kde/Autostart/  directory

cd ~/.kde/Autostart/

echo "#! /bin/sh" >> right_Alt_key

echo "setxkbmap -option altwin:meta_alt" >> right_Alt_key

chmod ug+x right_Alt_key

all done,restart kde session to verify

> With an advance of thanks,
Ciao ,