Thanks Julie,
I figured that probably filters could be used more effectively, and will give some thought to how I might set up a system similar to what you described. At this stage, though, I am so new to Linux, I don't know what it is I need to know, so I'm just wading through manually and hoping that the dawn is not too far away.

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.308 / Virus Database: 266.7.2 - Release Date: 3/11/05