Do you intend to run a news group or YP server? How about objective C
development? My point here is "You don't need to install everything".
Your not going to use most of it so don't waist the space. The error
message your getting is totally logical, and I don't see what your
unsure of. You want to put 1400 megs of stuff on a 900 meg partition.
The install program sees this and tells you about it. The avg. install
of an X workstation, with a web,dns,mail server setup (for fun and
games, not production), comes in around 500-600 megs. Go through the
install selecting each package. If your not sure what the package is hit
the f1 key for a description.

By the way good luck on the solaris install, and prepare for a very,
very, very long boot off the floppy. Oh and if you screw up during the
install, you'll need to start all over again with that great boot floppy
(no backup choice during the install).

--
Brett Jones
[EMAIL PROTECTED]