drx....the initial installation puts virtually nothing in a /home
partition.  So you're trying to do an "everything" install with just 900
megabytes of space allocated to store all of the compressed software on
a 600+ megabyte CD.  The installation is reporting to you that it needs,
at a minimum, 524 bytes more allocated to the / partition to
successfully complete your "everything" installation.  Why don't you
believe this?  I recommend that you swap your allocations and give the /
partition the 1900 megabytes and the /home partition the 900 megabytes.
That will work and leave a little space for expansion in the /
partition.

Alan