Carlton Matthew wrote:

I have a HP laserjet 4 printer attached directly to the parallel port of my PC, Runing windows XP, the printer operates correctly. Mandrake 10.1 fails to locate the printer at all. any ideas? Thanks in advance
which would appear to indicate the printer port modues are not loaded. How do I solve this problem?

Quick, cheap, and dirty fix in /etc/modprobe.preload, add "lp" on a line by itself.

Mikkel

for you are crunchy and taste good with Ketchup!