On Fri, 2005-03-18 at 11:37, Rosemary McGillicuddy wrote:
> On Friday 18 Mar 2005 05:11, eric jackson wrote:
> > I just wanted to alert people to Tux Magazine. I stumbled on a link to it
> > somewhere. www.tuxmagazine.com. It is a free linux magazine distributed in
> > PDF format aimed at new users. There is a lot of coverage of software,
> > again aimed at the newbie. They are also looking for people to submit
> > articles.  The first issue is on the website now.
> >

> > Eric Jackson
>

> Thanks for that link.  Looks just what I need to learn by doing projects.
>
> Rosemary

One of the greatest means by which to learn is to attack your own linux
box. Do things with it. Turn it into a mail server. Turn it into a
webserver. A database server. Learn how to create backup scripts. Learn
how to play with crontab entries and do things on schedule. Create
simple scripts to do simple things. It's all good. Play with different
window managers and desktops. Play with themes. Learn about burning
different types of CD's. Ripping different kinds of CD's. Using
different media players - the list goes on. It's a great learning
experience and never be afraid to experiment.

--
stephen kuhn
mobile: 0410-728-389