On Fri, 2005-03-18 at 11:35, Rosemary McGillicuddy wrote:
> On Friday 18 Mar 2005 22:24, Noel McG. wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am running Mandrake 10.1  Can anyone tell me if the following might be
> > compatible and run OK.
> >
> > Scanner.  Cannon 4200F
> >
> > Printers.   HP 7762, or HP1100D
> >
> > Thank you.
>

> I've been looking all around about Canon scanners, and it isn't good jsut
> now.
> Canon won't release their code (from lists), and no supporting drivers'.  We
> need for Canaon to release code or someone to develope somehting I guess ..

http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/other-formats/html_single/Hardware-HOWTO.html

says the Canon BJC 4200 'works perfectly', as does the HP 1100
photosmart.

Check the SANE pages for Canon scanners' back ends.

Or, go into MCC and 'hardware' on your computer, select 'scanner' 'add
scanner manually', and see if the model is listed there as supported or
unsupported, then just cancel when you've the information. You can do
something similar for printers (uncheck the 'auto-detect' box)