On Thursday 24 March 2005 15:32, Christophe wrote:
> Hello,
> Since I can not watch dvds on my laptop ( and I tried...) and I need
> Asymetrix Toolbook to create educational material.
> How can I install win 98 ( I have the cd for it) on my machine who is
> completely dedicated to MDK 10.1 community.
> I saw a win4lin kernel, what is the purpose of it?
> Is it easy to install windows under MDK when you have one 60 GB HD on a
> acer Aspire 1680 notebook?
> I'm sorry to do that but I have to work too :-D  ...from time to time!
> Thank you
> Christophe

Cristophe,
Take into account that: if MDK doesn't see your DVD drive then win4lin will
not see it either!!
Your best bet is to get your DVD working or.......install Windows on it's own
partition and double-boot.

Adding windows is no big deal except that it'll(windows)  want to use your
first partition....which is prolly taken by Linux.

Tell us what's wrong with your DVD player i.e. exactly what you think is not
working so we can help you fix it. AFAIK acers don't have very exotic
DVD-players so we should get it working and that way it'll work on win4lin
too. Saving you the new Windows install humbug:)
--
Good luck,
HarM