On Friday 25 March 2005 02:45, Joe wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> is there anyway i can configure ADVX on Mandrake easily without going
> through it's many conf files and without using webmin?
>
> is there a gui based, wizard based or something???
>
> i have a problem setting up vitual host (name host not ip host). i
> downloaded apache docs but unfortunately Mandrake uses the modified
> version of apache which left me hanging like a dry leave.

SNIP

Setting up virtual hosts is easy.
In /etc/httpd/2.0/conf/vhosts/Vhosts.conf

for each virtual host insert a stanza in the format

<VirtualHost www.myvirtualhost.net>
ServerName www.myvirtualhost.net
ServerAlias myvirtualhost.net  *.myvirtualhost.net
#ServerPath /domain
DocumentRoot /var/www/html/myvirtualhost
</VirtualHost>

then restart the httpd service. Done!
Naturally the virtual hostname must resolve to your IP address.

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net
http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org