Quoting Duncan Anderson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Otherwise, you can use various methods via the shell. One that I always
> used to use was this:
>
> for FILE in *.mp3
> do
>        FILE=`echo $FILE | sed s/.mp3//g`
>        mpg123 -s $FILE.mp3 > $FILE.raw
>        sox -r 44100 -w -s -c 2 $FILE.raw $FILE.wav
>        rm -f $FILE.raw
> done
>
> This would convert all the mp3 files in a directory to .wav files.
> Then:
>
> cdrecord -scanbus -dev=0,0,0
> cdrecord -v speed=2 -dev=0,0,0 -audio -pad *.wav
>
> Substitute the "0,0,0" for the relevant device setting for your system.
> This setup is for an external USB2.0 cdwriter configured as /dev/sr0.
>
> Then, after all that, remove the .wav files.
>
> cheers
> Duncan

interesting, thanks

actually on 2 different machines with Mandrake 9.2 (and slightly different
versions) k3b either crashed, or made a toaster

tried eroaster (whose interface not too bad, compared to some of the other
horrors) and worked nicely

thanks for the suggestion

This email was sent from Netspace Webmail: http://www.netspace.net.au