On Saturday 26 March 2005 06:52 am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just installed Mandrake 10.1 Download version with KDE 3.2.3. Especially
> KDE programs start slowly. For example konsole takes 22 seconds to bring
> up. Konqueror doesn't start at all. Some other programs:

Usually this means that the machine cannot resolve itself and often happenes
if you are using dhcp but gave your machine a hostname.  Look in you hosts
file (/etc/hosts) and make sure something like this is at the top line:

127.0.0.1       <hostname> localhost

where you replace <hostname> is the name you gave your machine.

if you still have trouble, post the following:

/etc/resolv.conf
/etc/hosts
and the output from the command 'hostname'

--
/g