SnapafunFrank wrote:
Hi Mikkel:

Rosemary has sent me directly some info which I think you ought to be privy to.

Her lilo.conf gives the "devfs=nomount" append only on the one she appears able to boot with. ( albeit that it stalls at ALSA later )

Her append lines also include " resume=/mnt/hda8" which is a new one for me, so I'm off to learn something about that one.

This is used for software suspend. It is the swap partition where the information needed to restore the system from suspend is stored. It probably isn't being used.

Hope this helps us help Rosemary, I'm learning heaps off things I did'nt need to know before, so am staying very interested in helping Rosemary out.

Definitly more to think about.

Mikkel

for you are crunchy and taste good with Ketchup!