My /dev/hdc is a symlink to /udev/hdc and /udev lists /hdc so that is loaded.

Yet when I go :
# mount /dev/hdc

or

# mount /udev/hdc

I get the above message

My fstab entry for this is:

none /mnt/dvd-rw supermount dev=/dev/hdc,fs=auto,exec,--,umask=0,user,iocharset=iso8859-1,sync,noatime,codepage=850,noauto 0 0

and I have tried:

none /mnt/dvd-rw supermount dev=/udev/hdc,fs=auto,exec,--,umask=0,user,iocharset=iso8859-1,sync,noatime,codepage=850,noauto 0 0

so something is not working correctly:

I also have before this call:

none /sys sysfs defaults 0 0

Any ideas anyone ?

PS. Once I get the above resolved could someone tell what the " - - " in the mount options mean

and also

what the " none " at the beginning actual does and of course how is it over~ridden.

All the reading I have done hasn't explained these two points to me as yet.

--
Newbie Seeking USER_FUNCTIONALITY always!

Regards

SnapafunFrank

Big or small, a challenge requires the same commitment to resolve.
Registered Linux User # 324213