On Tuesday 29 Mar 2005 07:34, eric jackson wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 12:43:36 -0800, John Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> wrote:
> > On March 26, 2005 09:42 am, eric jackson wrote:
> >> On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 09:33:30 -0800, John Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >>
> >> wrote:
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> >> No, that's all it says.
> >>
> >> Any one know if it's possible to uninstall and re-install Konsole?
> >>
> >> Eric Jackson
> >
> > Follow the menu System|Configuration|Packaging|Remove Software and then
> > query
> > it for the file(s) Konsole.  That will tell you which package needs to be
> > removed.
> >
> > Then urpmi the newest version of the package and install that one.
> >
> > Here's hoping it works. :-)
> >
> > ttfn
> >
> > John
>
> I tried that but it wanted to uninstall lots of different packages in
> addition to the packages directly related to Konsole.
>

> I did manage to get things working by installing some packages that urpmi
> said it couldn't install. Thanks for your help.
>
> Eric

I missed the beginning of this thread, but am wondering if it relates to
something I sometimes experience.

I can open konsole okay, but every now and then there is no login, or whatever
e.g. in my case [EMAIL PROTECTED] rosemary].  I close/end the session each
time in the same way.
I reboot and it fixes it, but wondering why it happens, and whether an update
would fix it.

Rosemary