Michael Hahn wrote:
I've been working on setting up a new system at work, using an older Linux
box. The only trouble is the display settings for xwindows are not correct
for the new monotor, and as a result, when I run startx, I get nothing but
lots of moving horozontal lines.

I found xorg.conf, but I'm not sure what changes I need to make there to get
it up and running, or if that's even the right place.

For refrence, the new monoter has a max res. of 800x600, and the old setting
was for 1280x1024.

The easy way is to log in as root, and run drakxconf. If you are set to boot into the GUI mode, hit Ctrl-Alt-F1 to get to a command line interface login prompt. You can also get there by hitting the Esc key at the boot screen, and typing "linux 3" at the prompt.

Mikkel

for you are crunchy and taste good with Ketchup!