Yes it would be against the copyright laws to copy to your personal
FTP site.  Please read the license, they are copyrighted by McMillain
Digital Publishing, NOT GPL.  So be sure that your lawyers are much
better than theirs!

If you had bought the Mandrake 6.5 (sic) in the retail channel in the
USA the CD is in separate envelope with a lot of fine print on it
about not giving it away.

PBen