Hey Yank! :)
Nah didn't manage to resolve it.
As I said, for some reason the OSD says "44.1kHz / 55.0 Hz".
I *know* it's not 55 Hz cos that'd be sooo flickery it'd drive me nuts!
Usually the OSD on the monitory also displays the RESOLUTION of the
desktop (ie 1152x864) but at the moment, it's only showing the above
frequencies..
I know it IS in 1152x864 cos I went to one of those 'browser detection
javascript' websites and it told me the resolution (besides just
looking right).
I _have_ tried editting it by hand. That's how I put the modelines
into the file.
I don't know about Frame Buffer, but I spose it's something I can look at.