On Thursday 07 April 2005 03:14 pm, Tim wrote:
| Hello all,
|

| Please forgive this basic question, I couldn't find the minimum
| requirements for MD 10.1 anywhere. the worst part is I'm actually
| running 10.1 on this pc.
|
| Also,
|
| Where can i find earlier versions of Mandrake Linux suitable to work on
| a Pentium 233 with 80 MB ram.

Cheapbytes (http://www.cheapbytes.com) has Mandrake disks back to 7.0.    8.2
might also work with that system with KDE and all the eye candy turned on.
But the 7.x series will fly on that old hardware.
Newer distros and Xfce should work o.k., maybe excellently, but it will take
some getting used to because that is quite a departure from the Winsux
desktop look.

I run DSL (damn small linux) on a P233 laptop with 64 megs and it works really
excellent.  I used DSL because I wanted the complete system and a couple
hundred megs of free space on a 300 Meg partition.