frengoGorgia wrote:
Il dom, 2005-04-10 alle 20:33, john ha scritto:

Hello
Installed kde 3.4 and applications disappeared on menus. I installed through mandrake control center and everything installed ok per message. I ran update-menus -v and the following message came up.
------
** (process:7390): CRITICAL **: file eggdesktopentries.c: line 2223 (egg_desktop_entries_add_group): assertion `egg_desktop_entries_lookup_group (entries, group_name) == NULL' failed
-------
I was upgrading from 3.2 on MD10.1 desktop. Is there a fix for this or should I reinstall earlier version?
Thanks in advance for help.

probably

/etc/menu/menudrakeentry

was breaked by the upgrade

post that file in list so we could read it.
maybe this help.

-- Regards, Francesco

Hello Francesco
I went through a series of problems and ended up starting x from the command line. Everything seems to be working ok from there. It doesn't start with mandrake display manager and switches to konsole login with kdm. Googling showed that it had to do with the different login managers. Will use as is. Thanks for responding.
John