On Wednesday 30 March 2005 07:15, DAN WALKER wrote:
> I have not heard of that before. Could that do it for just one page?

mod_rewrite basically takes any traffic string that comes in and rewrites it
as another string.  So, if a request comes in for
http://site.domain.name/login.cgi, you can rewrite it as
https://site.domain.name/login.cgi.  Also, you can do pretty much the same
thing by specifying a redirect to the desired URL as well, I suppose.  I
don't think that there are any limitations, whatever request comes in, gets
rewritten as long as it matches.

> I want
> this login page to only be accessable via https. Could I use PHP to find
> the url and see if it is using https or http. Would that work as that would
> be easier.

If the login page is encoded via PHP, then you should be able to specify https
only.  If you want to see an example of that, checkout squirrelmail.  There
is a plugin for squirrelmail that causes all traffic to be redirected to
https if they come in as http on the login page.  That sounds pretty much
like what you are trying to do.

--
Bryan Phinney