On Tue, 30 Nov 1999, Josh McCaffrey wrote:

> I like KDE, but I tried switching to XFce (maybe pick up some speed),
> and it's pretty damn confusing being that I havn't been using Linux
> for more than a few weeks, and KDE is a little more like the windoze
> I'm so used to.  Any XFce users on the list that can maybe help me get
> started?  One of the problems I have is that when I try to read
> Netscape mail, I get the msg that no default mail folder currently
> exists and I can't get any new mail. It's just wierd!  When I first

That would be a Netscape problem and shouldn't have anything to do with
your window manager... check Netscape's preferences and make sure you have
all your settings correctly filled in.

> started it, it was just a blank XFwm desktop w/ this little Pager
> thing.  I had to start an Xterm and start XFce manually. Maybe I'll
> just stick w/ KDE until I get a better grasp of Linux. Thanks alll!

There was no panel with buttons and stuff at the bottom of the screen??
Very odd... XFce does things a little differently than Windows or KDE, but
is very simple and user friendly.

I would suggest getting the newest version of XFce, as the version that
comes with Mandrake 6.1 has some problems that are fixed in newer
versions.  Feel free to E-mail me (to keep list traffic down) if you'd
like some assistance with installing a new version and getting started
with it. :)

-Tom