On Wed, 1 Dec 1999, hugahog wrote:

> Hi again,
> On a resent install of LM 6.1 I find I do not have permission
> to use most of the desktop icons such as linuxconf and rpm's.
>
> Yes, I created a user account during install and my root desktop
> is OK.
> I tried (as root) bringing up the /home/Larry  desktop and changing
> permissions but did not solve the problem. Strangely, I am allowed
> to mount the cd-rom and floppy and configure autostart but not much
> else. So I suspect there is a file I need to configure as root?
> Any suggestions appreciated.  :-)
> Larry

If you didn't change them, the only way they could have changed is solar
flares. Does absolutly nothing open when clicked on, it's the ppp problem.
Does only something not open, what if any are they.

Chmouel, (you still with us :))
        Am i correct in assumeing the desktop icons are contained in the
kde packages and not specificly in the applications rpm, in the case of
linuxconf and MandrakeUpdate?

--
MandrakeSoft          http://www.mandrakesoft.com/
                                        --Axalon