Hi all,

I have a Mandrake 6.0 system installed as our primary DNS server (we're an
ISP) and have some network monitoring tools installed (Netsaint, MRTG and
IPmeter). Works like a charm ;o)

I have a question though. An external 4/8gb SCSI travan tape is connected to
the box and is operational, and I'm looking for an 'as user friendly as
possible' backup sollution.

I could just tar all the stuff I want secured (basicaly our /var/named dir,
our mrtg dir, and our HTML dirs) to the tape, but I'm not the only one who
would have to be able to restore a backup (or part of the backup) if
something goes wrong.

I had a look at Kdat. I'ts friendly enough, but can't be scheduled. What's
more, it won't recognize a tape inserted in the drive, untill I format it.
And of course, once formated, data is lost so I can't restore from it.

Anyone know of a good, user friendly and especialy schedulable backup
sollution I could try out (and perhaps adopt)?

Thanks all,

Patrick Putteman
Internet Support Manager
Net7 - Member of the Advalvas Group