You really have eight swap partitions?  This isn't going to help stability
at all.  First of all, I seriously doubt it was a lack of memory that made
your computer lock up.  I can say for sure that while Netscape is not the
most stable of beasts, it is useable on my meager 64MB RAM + 80MB swap.  A
gigabyte of swap is way too much overkill.

Next time netscape locks up, see if you can kill it individually before
you have to reset your computer.  Try Ctrl+Alt+Bkspc to kill X; this may
help, even if X doesn't seem to be responding.

-Matt Stegman
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>