                From:   raymond borowiak [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
                Sent:   Thursday, December 09, 1999 3:45 PM
                To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                Subject:        [newbie] partition trouble

                Greetings,
                While downloading Netscape 4.7 for linux, my comp
                froze
                and I had to reinstall. Even though I tried fsck.ext2
                on the first partition and recovered but my second
                partition was not recoverable. Hence when I
                reinstalled
                from my mandrake CD-Rom ver 6.0, used one partition
                for
                native and 8 partitions for swap. As follows on a 2
                gig
                HD 1gig to / and the rest divided to the 8 swap parti-
                tions. My Question is, is this sufficient so that
                down-
                loads will not lock up my computer, which is linux
                only?