From: Ronald A. Yacketta

I think it depends on what you do with you linux box.
if your running a httpd server or some other form of a server (like
ftp/sendmail etc) that
the general inet public can use then I would say it would be best to leave
it up.
but, if  your just and everyday average joe who uses linux for their
desktop OS
then yes, it would be suitble to shutdown nightly.

I myself have a uptime that is closign in on 3 months.

Regards,
Ron

"Tom S. Rowbotham" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 12/10/99 11:50:18 AM

Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]